Jason Fullen, Principal
Rachel Lacy, Asst. Principal
Attendance & SafeArrival
1-844-431-0874 / www.wcsoh.org/attendance
Main Phone: 614-797-7230
Main Fax: 614-797-7231
Grades 1-5 / All Day Kindergarten
9:15 AM - 3:40 PM
AM Kindergarten: 9:15 AM - 11:55 AM
PM Kindergarten: 1:00 PM - 3:40 PM
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Student Enrollment: 550+
Mascot: Rocky the Raccoon
Family Involvement Opportunities:
We have an active PTA that has many opportunities for families to be involved in our school!
Five "Fast Facts" About Our School:
- We serve students from kindergarten through grade 5
- We have a diverse learning community with over 20 different countries represented by our student body
- We have an original 1800’s Log House and a sugar shack onsite
- Our school is encircled by a wooded path and vernal pool which offers great outdoor science learning opportunities
- We have monthly P.R.I.D.E. assemblies where we recognize "Students of the Month" as a school community!
What Makes This School Outstanding?
Our students, staff, and families make McVay outstanding!
Our teachers are very data-driven and use a variety of assessment tools - such as iReady - to differentiate student instruction. We are passionate about making sure that each child receives targeted support to help them learn and grow!
What We Do For Fun:
We strive to make all aspects of our learning at McVay fun! We also have fun together as a school community at monthly school assemblies with teacher/student games, special guests, and other exciting events! We also have an annual school parody song that makes for a fun, McVay Pioneer PRIDE themed sing-along!
Available Student Activities:
- Student Council
- Art Academy
- Safety Patrol
- Dream Big Book Club
- 5th Grade BizTown
About Our Staff:
We have more than 70 staff members who work closely to meet the needs of our students.